A right-sized and collaborative project that defines the organization’s purpose and the essential strategies and initiatives to fulfill it. The process brings staff, board and key stakeholders into alignment. The output is designed for flexible and timely improvement and updating.
- Setting your ambition for planning: Confirming why the organization is undertaking planning and what the process and output need to accomplish.
- Understanding your Context: Defining the organization’s and external market’s environment and opportunities.
- Choosing the Future: Defining the high-level objectives that the organization aspires to—and is able to—accomplish.
- Setting the Course: Defining specific strategic initiatives that support the objectives.
- Capacity and Organization Concerns: Budget perspectives, board governance, and other issues as needed to ensure leadership and alignment.